Sorry for the lack of updates the past two days; I have been reading and grading essays like a mad-man! Here is a brief recap of what we got done the past two days:
- On Thursday, we read aloud from our class novel Walk Two Moons. After that, we had a class discussion about 4 statements to prep us for the next short story we are going to read called Young Ladies Don't Slay Dragons. I wrote the four statements on the board, and then we wrote about each one, telling whether or not we agreed with the statement and why. After we wrote our feelings on the statements, we broke off into groups to share and compare our thoughts and feelings. If you were gone on Thursday, I would like you to respond to the following statements in your writer's notebook. Tell whether you agree or disagree, and most importantly, explain why you feel that way.
- Young ladies don't slay dragons.
- You have to be big to change the world.
- Intelligence is as important as strength.
- Stereotypes can be overcome.
- On Friday, we read the short story Young Ladies Don't Slay Dragons and answered questions both individually and as a group. If you were gone Friday, you will need to read the story.
Thanks so much students for all of your hard work! You are really doing great, and I feel that all of you are improving as writers, readers, students, and human-beings.
Have a wonderful and positive weekend,